The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Taxes on Roth for 1998 Date:  12/9/1998  12:42 PM
Author:  ZorroJester Number:  6950 of 131762

<< Question: I plan to convert my IRA's to Roths in 1998 but want to apply all the resulting income to my 1998 income for tax purposes. The IRS and at least one fund company told me that I can do this. Any
comment? >>

<< Response: My only comment is to try and find out WHERE you read this information. If it is out there, currently, somewhere in Fooldom, I would LOVE to know where it is so I can get it pulled. >>

To TMFTaxes:
I think I'm confused. Isn't this what was discussed earlier in the response message? I.e., that you can EITHER spread the resulting income over 4 years OR take it all in 1998?
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us