The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: A Confused New Investor Date:  1/15/1999  4:45 PM
Author:  ataloss Number:  7852 of 104267

<<He said that we were able to do a SEP but it had to be through Kemper. >>

This is correct, it is in the tax law somewwhere that this type of business must use Kemper and pay high fees.

Seriously, our SEP is through Fidelity. It was very easy to set up. If your situation is more complicated, I would think that they or any other big financial services companies could help. If you and your partner are the only ones with nonleased income, maybe you can base the SEP on that and leave the lease income and other employees out. (May be too goo to be true)
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us