The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: How to deal the advisor fee ?? Date:  1/18/1999  4:36 PM
Author:  houyi Number:  8516 of 129380

[[I have my broker account managed by an advisor. He
charged me 20% gain as his performance fee. He sent me this performance fee invoice quarterly. Last year, I paid him about $11500 for the performance fee. Where
can I deduct this management fee in my tax form ??]]
[As a miscellaneous itemized deduction, subject to the 2% AGI floor. So check out Schedule A.

And for that type (and size) of fee, I hope that your advisor is making you TONS of money.

TMF Taxes
Yes, I thought of using the schedule A to deduct the
money that I paid to my account advisor.
But, he told me that I can use the schedule C to
deduct the fee that I paid to him. By using
schedule C, I can fully deduct all the fee that I
paid him without the 2% AGI floor (in scheduld
A). Am I missing anything here ??

Thank you for your concerns. So far, he is
making big money for me....> 100% in 8 months.

- james
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us