The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Rolling annuities? Date:  9/7/1999  6:19 AM
Author:  TMFPixy Number:  13765 of 102471

Franke writes:

<<It was from teacher retirement my husband had contributed before he died which then came to me. My advisor created the TSA at that time. I entered the kingdom of the Fools at a propitious time since the surrender penalties have just run out. So this can be converted to an IRA?>>

Yes, you should be able to do that. You took over the TSA money as the widow of the employee, and such money when part of a qualified retirement plan may be transferred to an IRA.

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us