The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: New Investor Date:  10/6/1999  5:14 PM
Author:  GrayWulff Number:  14291 of 90110

Max your 401K and an IRA or Roth IRA. After that look into a long term buy and hold stock strategy in a taxable brokerage account and/or a tax managed index fund such as those from Vanguard.


Why do you like the tax managed index fund better? Vanguard's Index 500 fund, VFINX, is so tax efficient that I've never bothered to look much further.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us