The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Roth IRA Conversion Date:  2/5/2000  10:24 PM
Author:  harinder Number:  27411 of 133526

Hi, All I open Regular IRA account in 1997 and end of 1998 I converted to a ROTH IRA. When I was doing my 1998 year tax found out that I'm not eligible to that conversion, because my AGI (Adjusted Gross Income) was over 100K. So I had to deconvert my ROTH IRA into Regular IRA. So now my question is what I need to do. Do I need to report that? Any help will be greatly appriciated...
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us