The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  IRA nondeductible contribution ? Date:  3/16/2000  4:25 PM
Author:  jerdenrk Number:  20150 of 108790

These people I know, (Really, it's NOT me, it's someone who wouldn't take my advice to start with) They contributed to a traditional IRA and now realize that their income is too high, so they want to pull it out of the traditional and put it into a ROTH.. The contibution was made this year. Can they do this? Are there any penalties since they have not filed yet or anything.
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us