The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fool Community Help Desk / Fool News & Commentary

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/but-surely-on-reading-the-disclaimer-on-yahoo-as-12929362.aspx

Subject:  Re: Message board free speech Date:  7/16/2000  12:35 PM
Author:  TMFSpirit Number:  4521 of 10421

but surely on reading the disclaimer on yahoo as well as at several other message board sites, this automatically makes the views expressed by a poster to be 'in their opinion'? Therefore it would appear to follow, that even if the poster says the analyst IS/ SAID/ DID, it should automatically have the words 'in my opinion' placed invisibly in front of those views due to yahoo's reminder.

Good morning Steve,

You made a very good point and hopefully the Elan Eleven's attorney will try to use the Yahoo disclaimer as part of their defense.

I too am looking forward to follow up articles by our staff or a Dueling Fool on this subject. I wish I were an attorney because I would have loved to take TMF Max up on his gracious offer to Duel.:)

Best wishes,

Spirit

PS: I hope at least one member of Elan Eleven is reading this board and tries to get ACLU interested in their case.

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us