The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: gains and losses questions Date:  8/7/2000  9:22 AM
Author:  rossbarrett Number:  38494 of 128041

You should be able to. The tax year begins Jan. 1st in the year you got married, so youcan avail yourself to all the benefits (mostly burdens of marriage penalty) of your wife's losses. However, I strongly suggest talking to a CPA, of which I am not.
Good luck.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us