The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Transfer Emp. Stock to Roth Date:  8/11/2000  5:08 AM
Author:  kse4 Number:  24047 of 104807

TMFPixy wrote:

The only way any IRA may receive stock is when those shares are part of a qualified rollover from a qualified retirement plan or traditional IRA.

A Fool on the NOK board the other day wrote that she'd just moved all her NOK stock into her IRA because she didn't want to be receiving dividends in her taxable account. Said she'd 'had to swap around some things to do it'.

For the record, you're saying "ain't no way"? Same thought struck me when I first read her post. Think I'll forward this to her attention, unless someone else can further illuminate...?

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us