The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Real Estate Sales Date:  11/5/2000  7:32 PM
Author:  RooCat Number:  41498 of 132661

I don't know if the 3rd alternative is possible for you to do, but you could live in it for 2 years and sell it as your residence with no reported gain except for some possible unrecovered Sec. 1250 gain from its rental days.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us