The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Capital Gains and taxes Date:  2/7/2001  5:30 PM
Author:  fascin8d Number:  45905 of 132878

Last year I sold all my shares in a stock I owned for a profit (I had the stock for less than a year) (I know, I know, not Foolish!) I have never owned stock before and have no idea where to enter the capital gains on my tax forms. I am single and normally would just fill out a 1040EZ (and 540EZ for CA) but realize now it will have to be a 1040A or 1040. Can someone give me some instruction??
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us