The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Renting 2nd home to relative Date:  2/18/2001  8:37 AM
Author:  rensimer Number:  46684 of 133242

where I need to report the $2500 I received in rent

line 21 (other income) on the 1040

whether I can apply any deduction against it (other than the standard mortgage and real estate taxes)

no, just those

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us