The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Refund on IRA Withholding Tax Date:  3/19/2001  2:40 PM
Author:  Cardsany1 Number:  48686 of 128039

We converted a traditional IRA account into a Roth IRA account during 2000. Unfortunately, we forgot to check off the box which waived the 10% IRS withholding tax. We subsequently made a deposit (within the allowed timeframe) equal to the withheld tax amount into the Roth IRA and would like to receive back the withheld tax on our 2000 return. Can someone point us in the right direction? Thanks in advance.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us