The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Foolish 401(k)s


Subject:  Re: Belated contributions to plan Date:  10/28/2001  2:11 PM
Author:  W401K Number:  13507 of 26351

The only way to contribute to a 401k is through salary deduction. So, if you wish to try to catch up between now and the end of the year, you will have to ave a large percentage of your pay withheld. This will definitely impact your take home pay. I would just contribute as much as possible for the rest of this year and then in the new year lower your contributions to the level you wish, but make sure to try to take full advantage of the match.

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us