The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Kua`aina Partners

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-follow-about-200-stocks-about-50-fairly-closely-16338887.aspx

Subject:  Re: Nukejohn, What do you think??? Date:  12/24/2001  3:09 PM
Author:  nukejohn Number:  12681 of 26613

I follow about 200 stocks, about 50 fairly closely (at least look at the chart weekly), and about 20 very closely (look at the chart daily). Then as I run across a new stock while reading Forbes or Fortune, or IBD, or even if my barber tells me about one, I'll check out the fundamentals, and if it looks interesting, I'll start following the TA (if I like the company's story and believe they have a competitive advantage of some sort that will lead to future increases in profits).

Most of the stocks from last years KARB selections are somewhere in my list.

If you want me to pick three to follow using my system, I'll be glad to do so. Let's just go with my two favorites in my profile (CREE and RMBS) and we'll add AMCC. As of right now I'm in CREE, and I have a significant investment in the stock, and in CREE LEAPS, which I don't plan to trade (I will likely keep them until 2003 when they expire come hell or high water). I also have RMBS LEAPS, which I plan to keep until 2003, regardless (this is becasue I believe that there is a very low risk/reward ratio for RMBS, and I think a win in current litigation will cause the stock to rise significantly). However, right now I am out of RMBS in my trading account because they are below their 50 day EMA. I don't own AMCC, but I may consider a purchase at the correct time. Let's just start following the charts and using my TA system.

I'll start posting every week on the TA of these three, using my system. But keep in mind, we may watch them for weeks and not have any movement that would justify a buy or a sell (short). That is just the nature of the beast.

NukeJohn
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us