The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: getting jerked around, help needed! Date:  8/15/2003  8:34 AM
Author:  blkmagwom Number:  36950 of 94107


how have you been trying to transfer the funds?

Here is my recommendation:

I have moved $$ back and forth from fidelity to TIAA-Cref. Each time, I contacted the place I was moving the money TO and filled out a 403b (or 401k) form. Then that was it. Fidelity or TIAA-Cref took care of the rest.

So do this. Do it again if you've already done it and give it until October 15th to take. If it does not, start making phone calls up the chain at Valic or Zurich Kemper to see what you can do. You also may need to contact your previous employer to see if you need to send forms from them to move $$.

And if they still hold onto your $$ for no reason you can fathom, there are regulatory agencies that may need to become involved.

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us