The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Excess Roth IRA contributions Date:  3/22/2005  2:50 PM
Author:  stewartjm Number:  77879 of 134530

I just went through the same problem and re-characterized the contribution to a traditional IRA.

My custodian (TD Waterhouse) would not calculate the earnings for me, I had to do that myself. You can find the IRS earnings calculation in Pub 590, page 27.


Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us