The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Automotive / Buying and Maintaining a Car

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/2-in-my-experience-when-the-internet-price-is-23629445.aspx

Subject:  Re: Questions about purchasing a used vehicle Date:  1/30/2006  9:50 AM
Author:  cattleman22 Number:  46619 of 73825

{{2. In my experience, when the internet price is significantly lower than the window price, the internet price is firm. Doesn't hurt to ask though.}}

Thanks for that info. The salesman made it sound like it was negotiable, but only a little bit.

{{3. On the cosmetic stuff, if it were economical to fix them, they would probably be fixed. Again, it doesn't hurt to ask, but don't expect much. What specifically are you talking about?}}

There were 4 things that we notice.
1. White powder on the floor carpet. The salesman said it was due to the carpet shampooing.

2. The cigarette lighter was missing the ligheter or a cover.

3. The jack release mechanism was missing the handle

4. the weather stripping was loose on one of the windows. (This may be more than just a cosmetic thing)

((4. The dealer certainly has insurance, but in case of a claim, your insurance will be primary. I think it is reasonable to ask for your insurance to cover any potential damage to their property. If this were your business what would you do?}}

I called my insurance company and they said that they would be secondary and the dealer would be primary. the insurance rep said that she had never heard of this before. I understand why the dealer would require insurance. I just had not anticipated that being a problem before we went and planned to have a test drive.

Thanks for all of your help.

c
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us