The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Wild's Trailer Park Kingdom

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-expected-exactly-the-treatment-i-received-24249385.aspx

Subject:  Re: Decisions Date:  6/20/2006  12:20 PM
Author:  Fuskie Number:  9912 of 16215

I expected exactly the treatment I received.

While I can not excuse his behavior, nor will I suggest that the attitude you take into a conversation influences what you get out of it, I have to agree with some of his observations.

While you were sick, I frequently read about your spending money on this like money for FNCCW, money to HG, money or ice cream, money for TC™. These are choices you made, choices instead of paying money towards rent. You made choices to walk off jobs, whether it be Home Depot, the waitressing job or the baby warehouse.

I will again risk offense by saying that it seems you consider the ease with which you move from one low paying job to another an asset and a life style. You appear to turn down or walk away from better opportunities because they are invonvenient, always finding some way to justify your actions. Work is not about you; it is about the employer. The only way to make it about you is to start your own business.

I can not imagine what it was like for you to first lose #1 and now DH. Nor can I imagine what it is like to live in a trailor, have relationships with men like HG or FM. I have been blessed with the friends and family in my life, and I have been fortunate to have lived a life of priviledge, both educationally and professionally. My ups and downs can not compare to yours.

But my advice to you is to stop making excuses. It was not getting sick that resulted in your losing your home. It was all the decisions you made prior, in which you lived day to day instead of building up savings. FM was wrong to have taken a tone of condescention, and it is a shame HG has chosen to shut you out at this time, and I don't know what you are going to do.

But if you are going to cross a chasm, please throw not only the baggage of the past into the depths, but also your attitude. You were doing so well with school, and I truly want you to graduate and embrace the career you desire. But you need to take a hard look at your life and decide how you are going to live today, because the NWIW™ could be bright and full of promise, or it could look a lot like what you left behind.

Fuskie
Who wants to not only hear that you know you can do better but that you are putting doing better into action...
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us