The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: 1099-B Problem Date:  2/9/2007  11:10 AM
Author:  DeltaOne81 Number:  91954 of 133547

It seems to me that this belongs in captial gains or losses (It is a small gain), and I have done so. Is the 1099-B in error?

A 1099-B *is* for reporting capital gains and losses. Well, at least, its for reporting sales that results in a gain or loss (its usually up to you to supply the correct basis). Am I missing something?
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us