The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Foolish 401(k)s


Subject:  Re: Past 70-1/2 Date:  12/10/2007  9:28 PM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  22737 of 26314

However Pub 575 is 'Pension and Annuity Income'. Skimming Pub 575 has not proved fruitful.

Let's see if we can't improve your crop yield.

A 401(k) is a "qualified employee plan," and Pub 575 is the right one. The information I was referencing is on page 31 under "Tax on Excess Accumlation." Sorry I didn't give you a better road map the first time. I'm so used to looking for it there rather than where a rational person would look, something like "Required Distributions," that I forgot.

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us