The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing Strategies / It's Earnings That Count

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/buff-im-on-staff-at-huntington-memorial-26370925.aspx

Subject:  Re: A New Challenge Date:  2/10/2008  6:17 PM
Author:  RWRocksOn Number:  1424 of 1817

Buff -

I'm on staff at Huntington Memorial Hospital so if you need an IV at the end of the race I can help you out.

I used to run along Arroyo Gulch. There are some good trails although you have to share with the occasional horse and the result of horses being there. And the gnats are nasty at twilight.

You can also run around the Rose Bowl. Cal Tech has a track that is accessible for your speed work out (mile repeats in September and half miles in October). While one must obviously put in miles to successfully marathon a common error for long distance runners in the "lay" community is to ignore the benefits that having a top end can provide.

After age 40, I found the roads really tough on my knees, so I had to stick to grass or trail running. Or the treadmill at the gym. If the right person is in front of you, it can be less tedious.

My running bonafides are in my profile.

Rog
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us