The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Books & Writing / Book Club (Fiction Poetry Drama)

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/what-have-you-read-more-than-3-times-actually-26481779.aspx

Subject:  Re: What books have you read more than once? Date:  3/17/2008  7:42 PM
Author:  discurro Number:  2749 of 3398

What have you read more than 3 times?

Actually, most of the stuff on that list....

I am impressed. I read a lot, but certainly not that fast. I usually consume about a book a week...and maybe another half a book on tape during my commute.

First time I read Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, I stayed up til 3am to finish it.

Those are ones that should be on my list as well. Those are two of my favorite books in the world. I periodically revisit them, but it's been a few years so they didn't jump to mind. I should revisit them again soon.

That also reminded me of another of my favorite sets of books...all the Sherlock Holmes stories by A. Conan Doyle. I have read the series through completely at least twice and several of the individual stories more than that.

I was recently told that the character "House" in the TV series of the same name was based on Sherlock Holmes. I had never seen it before, but started watching several of the episodes this season and have enjoyed it very much. I can definitely see Sherlock in the character from the attention to detail, to the love of the puzzle, to the chemical dependency when the puzzles aren't engaging enough. It's a good show.
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us