The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Rollover of Gain question -- Pub 550 Date:  4/19/2009  5:16 PM
Author:  stockmover Number:  105826 of 127986

Hi everyone,

believe that it is only the common stock of (or a partnership interest in) the SSBIC which qualifies, therefore, the realized gain is taxable and not protected.

You are correct. The whole point of the law is to encourage investment in small businesses.<b/>

How can I tell if a specific stock qualifies within the SSBIC category? Do I have to read the company's 10K or is there a faster and/or better way to find out? Thanks


Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us