The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Should I file this? Date:  8/6/2009  10:29 PM
Author:  JoshRandall Number:  106688 of 130408

Further, one would be silly to attach original documentation for a deduction or credit since it may be the last time you ever see it, and then where would you be if you were audited?

It appears you didn't read to carefully either. I wrote in my OP:

Heck yes. Just attach a copy of your broker's statement which shows the amount of foreign taxes withheld and take the credit.

Hell yes I said "copy." I never said to attach the original. Geesh!
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us