The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: make too much for IRA Date:  2/21/2012  10:03 PM
Author:  ptheland Number:  70198 of 90430

yes, i do have a roll over IRA. I thought I can open a new account and contribute $5000 and convert this alone. can i not do this?

No, you can not.

Not in the way you want, which is to make the conversion completely tax free. You MUST include ALL of your IRA accounts, including SEP-IRAs, when figuring out how much of your Roth conversion is taxable.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us