The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools


Subject:  Re: Question for Retired Fools Date:  7/30/2012  9:19 AM
Author:  telegraph Number:  17756 of 20784

If you can, you can go on COBRA for insurance for 18 months. Then you'll need a private policy to tide you over to age 65 when Medicare kicks in.

So time your retirement accordingly.

Likely, you'll have to get high deductible health care cover you for 18 months. or whatever you decide.

If you start taking SS at 62, you'll drop your monthly income by about 40% compared to taking it at your 'normal' age of likely 66 plus these days.

you still get Medicare at 65 regardless of when you take your SS.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us