The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/-29-movie-tickets-30399316.aspx

Subject:  $ 29 Movie Tickets??? Date:  11/26/2012  10:41 AM
Author:  AOLFoolman100 Number:  656964 of 885089

So we were in Austin this weekend. Went out to see a movie. Went to the "Domain's" shopping complex; it's a "uppity" shopping area. Never been this this theater but it had the right show and time we wanted.

Walked in.....the place was like a 4-star hotel lobby, replete with ultra-modern, fancy couches, interior decorating, fashionable lighting, etc. Artwork - both paintings and sculptures all over the place. I couldn't believe it! Reminded me of a "W" hotel bar.

Walked up to the counter.....they asked if we had reservations. Reservations for a movie? Didn't have one. So they said $19 for the front seats and $29 for the middle/backs seats. I was like whaaattt?!? They are cheaper if you buy "membership". Membership to a movie theater? I said no thanks to membership. Paid $19 each for the movie (this was in the afternoon too!). Would have been a bit embarrassing to walk out because of the price.

The service really is incredible though...very attentive. Went into theater...nothing but full-sized leather recliners.....wow. There's also a revolving plate holder and a button to call for waiters. Very very nice seats. I leaned back the recliner, popped out the leg rest and had the most comfortable movie watching experience ever.

But $19-29?!?! That is crazy.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us