The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  1040 or 1040A or 1040EZ? Date:  4/7/2013  1:33 AM
Author:  culcha Number:  118322 of 133017

Someone I know will be filling a tax return for the first time (in several years). She worked part of the 2012 year as an independent contractor with income reported on a 1099 (there is no W-2). This means, I suppose, she will need a Schedule C -- but since she has no deductions, I suppose it could be a C-EZ?? I also suppose that she will need to file Schedule SE. But what is the overall tax form she should use -- 1040? 1040A? 1040EZ?

And, since nothing is being withheld for income tax purposes, will she be required to make estimated tax payments in the future? (I suppose that she has not paid any estimated tax for 2013 so far. --Is that a problem?)

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us