The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: CA Short term loss carryover Date:  4/8/2013  10:02 PM
Author:  ptheland Number:  118332 of 133127

California does differentiate between short and long term capital gains/losses.

To get the correct carryover, you'll need to take a closer look at your 2011 CA tax return. It's not unheard of for the CA carryover to be something other than the total of the Federal ST and LT carryovers.

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us