The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: 12 Year Old State Tax Bill Date:  4/14/2013  9:39 PM
Author:  vkg Number:  118432 of 131243

We moved during Christmas break of 2001 and didn't need to file New York until 2002, with zero California income. I lost my job November 2001 and had received all of my back pay, vacation pay, and etc., by the end of the year. I was looking at a sizable federal return, so we filed before the end of February 2002.

Did you receive unemployment in 2002?

You filed a California return for 2001. What is the tax year 2001, 2002 or other?
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us