The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Selling A LLC Date:  5/30/2013  12:29 PM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  118642 of 130723

Should he get the aid of a local tax lawyer or tax CPA (I presume it should be local) to help him with this sale? Or would a local real estate broker do?

Step one would be your wife hiring someone to explain things to her, including the effect of the gift. She no doubt skipped filing a gift tax return. That advisor also could explain to her (she could pass it along to your son) what "disregarded entity" means with respect to taxes and LLC's.

What a mess!

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us