The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Estate Planning and the Fool


Subject:  Re: Protecting assets when sp req LT care Date:  7/30/2013  5:35 PM
Author:  pauleckler Number:  4190 of 4761

Sure, but the issue is that spouse requiring nursing home care can deplete joint assets leaving nothing for surviving spouse to live on.

So elder attorney can help you preserve some minimum assets as allowed by state law. Hence, point is reached earlier where Medicaid takes over for the spouse requiring the nursing home care.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us