The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/im-definitely-going-to-set-some-eat-at-home-31193992.aspx

Subject:  Re: Budget Help Date:  4/3/2014  7:58 AM
Author:  LOTROQueen Number:  308113 of 312696

I'm definitely going to set some eat at home goals. Probably going to take it slow at first, or I might lose steam. I'm going to try to cook at least two nights during the week and then eat leftovers the other three weeknights. And weekends should be 100% at home.

Yesterday I made a big pot of chili so we can have some leftover nights. I also made sure I had stuff available to make quesadillas and we've got plenty of eggs for a "breakfast for dinner".

I've got a slow cooker, but I am afraid to leave it all day. Most of the recipes calls for 8 hours and we'd be gone from the house longer than that.

I do steel cut oats overnight in it, and they work great. Maybe I can do it during the day and we can have an "oatmeal" night, too!

Have your spouse help with cooking, too. They're an adult. Even if all they do is chicken nuggets and fries in the oven and some veggies in the microwave once a week, it's one meal you don't have to cook and cheaper than eating out. If your spouse is like mine, you'll still be stuck making sure there's something around they can handle making (like the aforementioned nuggets and fries or frozen pizza) but it'll still help take some of the pressure off of you.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us