The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/turbotax-premier-online-experience-fidelity-33009886.aspx

Subject:  TurboTax Premier Online - Experience - Fidelity Date:  3/11/2018  7:52 PM
Author:  BaumgrenzeJohn Number:  127238 of 132878

This afternoon I decided to give the Fidelity offer for free access to TTax Premier Online version. I'm running out of patience or being led down a primrose path. I've been saving 'snips' of every page. I seem to be on one that carries a Fidelity license agreement logo at the bottom. I told the program I used TTax last year. I seems as though this online product cannot find the file I created last year (or fails to look for it.) My taxes are 'simple' involving mostly 2 MRDs, a small pension, and Social Security and a minuscule bit of investment income (courtesy of the Bush II 'great recession.'

Has anyone used this approach? Does it ever import data from last year? If not, I pronounce it worth way less than 'free.' It seems to be mining for all kinds of personal information. It also promoted 'saving time' and agreeing to sign the tax form at the start. I was not born under a cabbage leaf!

baumgrenze
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us