The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / New Paradigm Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/what-the-fool-indicates-is-that-it-is-a-land-and-33044528.aspx

Subject:  Re: OKTA - The Next Shopify? Date:  4/20/2018  8:15 PM
Author:  XMFBreakerTinker Number:  93231 of 118058

What the Fool indicates is that it is a land and grab. They open with the easy stuff and then upset to the more complicated stuff, as explained in a previous post of mine that may have been linked to on this thread.

Honestly, I'd rather own Shopify because it is too early to say the "next" Shopify, as Shopify is just in the 3rd inning, if that, as they are newly started internationally, in B2B, and Shopify Plus is a new emphasis.

Okta does handle complicated things when you get into their higher end stuff, and they will probably merge with a current partner (name I currently forget) and become THE player in the field. so worth watching.

It is the consumer end that is the unknown quantity that causes the next Shopify. I am not at all clear if Okta really has much of a consumer facing presence yet - although they made an acquisition a year or so ago to enable them to provide access services in eCommerce to consumers (the sort of thing Shopify is already doing - without them). But perhaps they have something in the app store for Shop or Demandware or Magento.

Tinker
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us