The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/another-fraud-question-33060397.aspx

Subject:  Another fraud question. Date:  5/8/2018  12:03 PM
Author:  VeeEnn Number:  312167 of 313093

So, on Saturday morning, got a fraud alert notification from AMEX. Called their fraud line and found the fraudulent charges were on my card (as opposed to husband's) and were for $200 for Uber and the red flag type of charges to Amazon for a couple of $2 efforts. Card duly cancelled and Abit of wondering how that happened.

So, yesterday I did a bit of grocery shopping and tried to use my bank debit card.... that too was declined. I skidaddled round to the bank.... where the teller was very helpful.... and this time it was because of $200 charge to Lyft and a couple of other efforts, all on Sunday..... and to our bank account this time.

So short term contingencies are in place (I think) but I'm wondering about the how and why.

One thing I've done differently in the previous week is to sign up for Life Lock. Thus far, I've received plenty of solicitation to buy even more of their products..... but not a whiff of an alert.

I'm sure I must've done something that's precipitated this but I can't think what. I'm sure I'm missing the obvious??
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us