The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Arts, Travel & Entertainment / Best Travel Spots/Tips


Subject:  Re: Traveling the Pac-rim Date:  3/25/2019  1:57 PM
Author:  1poorguy Number:  23961 of 24921

There are very few who issue chip/pin cards. If you're a vet you can sign up with USAA. Their cards are chip/pin. I believe there is a credit union that has fairly liberal standards for "membership", and once a member you can get one of their cards (I forget which one it I recall it was in the northeast somewhere).

I have the USAA card. Worked great. We Americans are so far behind it's a joke. When I use that card here (USA) it still spits out a piece of thermal paper for me to sign (as if the waitress is a handwriting analyst?). Overseas, they give me the unit, I input my PIN, and it's done. Couldn't be easier, and is vastly more secure than signing some silly bit of paper.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us