The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/my-wife-loved-her-kindle-paperwhite-and-i-am-34555993.aspx

Subject:  Re: Kindle - worrh it? Date:  7/9/2020  10:04 PM
Author:  RHinCT Number:  910708 of 912519

My wife loved her Kindle Paperwhite, and I am pleased with mine. It looks like they have improved them and made them waterproof now, or at least one version is.

For the last few years my wife was stuck in a chair. Reading had always been her favorite thing to do*, and her Kindle made that vastly simpler because I didn't have to do anything for her. And it was much lighter than a book, was backlit, etc. We never got into using the library, we bought books from Amazon - hundreds of books - but that was her only real indulgence and well within our means.

I subscribe to something called BookBub, which daily emails me a list of Kindle ebooks that are on sale for one to three dollars, or even free. I pick up anything interesting, including quite a few books I own in paper because it is so damned convenient. I have the Kindle app on my phone, iPads, and PCs, all sharing our library.

Special offers is no big deal. When my Kindle shuts down it leaves an advertisement showing on the front. As far as I know that is all it means.

*(We always joked that she married me for my library, though by then she had read just about everything there she was interested in. I had - have - quite a few books!)
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us