The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/my-question-relates-to-purchasing-a-second-reit-34889551.aspx

Subject:  Re: From Growth to Passive Income Date:  7/30/2021  11:03 AM
Author:  JLC Number:  103815 of 105379

My question relates to purchasing a second REIT Brookfield Infrastructure Partnership (BIP w/ 4% dividend) within the Roth or just stay with STOR and continue building the compound interest.

Sounds like you are putting all your eggs in one basket. I am in a similar situation in that I am living off my dividends from 20 stocks. No way would I put everything into one stock. If that one stock cuts or eliminates its dividend you would be hurting big time and probably looking to get back into the work force. If one stock of 20 cuts/eliminates, might hurt some but the overall plan would survive.

If you want to stick with REITs, there are plenty more out there with 3% or higher AND growing their dividends. No need to stick only with REITs, there are plenty of stocks that do likewise. For ideas, you can go to the Dividend Growth Investors board here or check out SeekingAlpha.com and their dividend ideas. Look for the Dividend Kings, Dividend Champions, and Dividend Contenders lists.

JLC
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us