The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/my-uncle-paul-flew-his-boi-flag-proudly-until-he-34991791.aspx

Subject:  Re: How Do Retirees Spend Their Time? Date:  12/2/2021  11:47 AM
Author:  ImAGolfer Number:  23119 of 23368

My Uncle Paul flew his BOI flag proudly until he passed a couple of years ago at the age of 92. My Mom was born in Dickinson, to her dismay. And then she moved further inland, so I can only claim Houston.

Hi Tim. We've lived in Houston for 51 years now but both my wife and I were born and grew up in Galveston. Galveston is a good place to be from but not to live in. To my knowledge the only employment is at the shipyard, longshoring, insurance, hospital or municipal work. That's what led me to Houston after I got out of the service.

We were in Galveston about a year ago and visited the Strand (a tourist street with all the gift shops). We were interested in BOI t-shirts. I couldn't believe the folks running the shop. They didn't know what I was talking about much less why it was such a big deal that we were both BOI. Yuppies I guess.

Wyoming is pretty far but I have a sister that lives in Seattle. Now Seattle is a pretty long haul from Galveston.

Regards,

ImAGolfer
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us