Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
MFCatbert - I also worry about their use of the $40 million in cash for a "strategic acquisition". Would you rather they get a loan? I've seen small companies make excellent well-thoughout acquisitions in the past that have benefitted them greatly; e.g. Chico's acquiring White House|Black Market for $90M cash. I specifically search for companies with cash positions for this reason alone.

I have also seen small companies make excellent well-thought out acquisitions. But do you think that CNS marketing program/strategy is well thought out, communicated thouroughly, and is being executed properly. I don't, it seems to change every year. If they do announce an acquisition, I will probably hit the exit. I have seen many acquisitions take the acquirer down rather than up. JMHO.

Best regards,
Robert
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.