No. of Recommendations: 0

Depending on your income, you may be able to max a Roth contribution. If you are over the limit, you can make a non-deductible contribution to a trad IRA. If you are married, this applies for a spousal contribution.

On the 401k, if the payments are coming from your employer, they may have an option to max your contribution limit there. I do not believe "outside money" can be contributed to a 401k.

Other than that, a taxable brokerage account works.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.