No. of Recommendations: 63
I'm planning to put a web-accessible database of MI screens. This is intended as a reference for selection of screens; not as a source of current picks or current performance.

The views will include screens sorted by various categories. The categories and other data fields I am presently intending to include for each screen (to the extent applicable) are:

Class (Primary, SOS, Overlap, etc.)

Major Group (RS, PEG, Key, Plow, Form90, Spark, EG, etc.)

Inventor (Moe Bruin, Sparfarkle, MrToast, alevine, etc., if known)

Screening factors used (VL-Time, VL-Tech, IBD-EPS, IBD-RS, VL-TotRet26, PEG, Market-Cap, etc.)

Description of methodology (borrowing from JackCade's long weekly posting, for the most part, if no objection)

Publications required (VL, IBD)

Backtest link (if available; will link to Gritton or bdfinney)

Backtested results for 86-99, including CAGR, GSD, and Sharpe, for a 5-stock portfolio held monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually (12 pieces of data).

Comments

Message links (to MI board messages about the screen)

Currently published by (JackCade, bdfinney, TMFElan)

Link to current picks (if published on bdfinney's site; I'm not planning to maintain weekly linkage information to JackCade's posting)

I'm sure there are other pieces of data that might be useful; I welcome suggestions or comments. I'm hoping to have this setup in a week or so; at that point, I'll put a link to it.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Excellent plan, I like your list of characteristics. Nothing else I can think of, unless you want to add the complexity of also listing returns for a 3-stock port (a frequent choice, I think).

-Jim
No. of Recommendations: 0
In our last episode, JimStrott wrote:
... Nothing else I can think of, unless you want to add the complexity of also listing returns for a 3-stock port (a frequent choice, I think).

I'm partial to 4-stock ports, myself. Could you throw those in, too? :-)

I'd be interested in seeing an overview page, listing the screens with the periods of their best performance (and whatever other data). I'd like to be able to see at a glance which screens seem to work best as annuals (for picking screens in taxable accounts), which seem to work best as quarterlies, etc.