Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Michael Lewis visited the Fool recently, and he spoke with us about Wall Street, Europe, and a variety of other subjects. I wrote an article today for Fool.com about the visit:

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2011/11/01/michael-lewis-on-wall-street-europe-and-the-next-.aspx?source=ihpsitota0000001&lidx=7 

Below is a brief snippet from the interview. In response to what he thinks will happen in the future, he said,

You refuse to understand that the world you cover floats on (bleep) and that you want to believe some of the (bleep) and frame it as smarter than the other (bleep), but I think a lot of these things are essentially unknowable.  The path the future is going to take is unknowable. You can detect sort of the forces that are pushing on it and are going to influence it, because you don’t know who is going to get shot.  You don’t know what’s going to happen tomorrow.  A meteor hits Athens, God knows what happens.  Anything could happen. 

What I do is not that.  What I do is take the events that have happened and try to shape meaningful stories out of it, so I don’t know what is going to happen. I don’t think anybody knows what is going to happen, but I wouldn’t put my money on all of this working out nicely.  

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.