No. of Recommendations: 22
Basically this guy through his movies, offers up fat pitches to the Hate America First crowd by clearly and admittedly slanted propaganda. He has sold his soul for the ability to be the darling of the angry left and the EU. But, you say, maybe he really loves Anerica and Americans, and is just frustrated by an adminstration he disagrees with. Not even close:

"They are possibly the dumbest people on the planet . . . in thrall to conniving, thieving smug [pieces of the human anatomy]," Moore intoned. "We Americans suffer from an enforced ignorance. We don't know about anything that's happening outside our country. Our stupidity is embarrassing."

"You're stuck with being connected to this country of mine, which is known for bringing sadness and misery to places around the globe."

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/26/opinion/26BROO.html?n=Top%2fOpinion%2fEditorials%20and%20Op%2dEd%2fOp%2dEd%2fColumnists%2fDavid%20Brooks

etc.

Yes, the same America who allows him to say thing things that in other countries would be punishable by death is basically the source of evil in the world - if only we were as enlightened as the EU crowd, maybe we could complacently allow our leaders to deal under the table with the UN and mass murderers while we live in a stagnent economy.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 162
Basically this guy through his movies, offers up fat pitches to the Hate America First crowd...

Hold on.

Wasn't his first movie, "Roger and Me," about how General Motors CEO Roger Smith was screwing over GM employees in places like Flint, Michigan, Moore's hometown? How's that a "hate-America-first" thing? Seems more like a blue collar worker versus "the man" thing.

Wasn't his second movie, "Bowling for Columbine," a slam on the NRA? Does the NRA equal America now?

And isn't this movie, "Fareheit 9-11," an open political attack on George W. Bush? Is he the king or something, the personal embodiment of the state?

These "if you don't love Bush, you don't love America" posts are getting tedious... and a bit scary.
No. of Recommendations: 4
These "if you don't love Bush, you don't love America" posts are getting tedious... and a bit scary.

Where was the name Bush in his post? You made that up out of whole cloth. And where are some other examples?
No. of Recommendations: 3
"Wasn't his first movie, "Roger and Me," about how General Motors CEO Roger Smith was screwing over GM employees in places like Flint, Michigan, Moore's hometown? How's that a "hate-America-first" thing? Seems more like a blue collar worker versus "the man" thing."

Didn't they used to say "What's good for General Motors is good for America"?

Or was it "What's good for United Fruit is good for America ...as long as you aren't talking about Central America, in which case it sucks"
No. of Recommendations: 1
the same America who allows him to say thing things that in other countries would be punishable by death is basically the source of evil in the world - if only we were as enlightened as the EU crowd, maybe we could complacently allow our leaders to deal under the table with the UN and mass murderers while we live in a stagnent economy.

Then your rationalization for Iraq is that if others do wrong then America should do wrong, also?

What we do in this country as Americans, and how we act overseas, is two very different things.

No. of Recommendations: 29
Moore said: "We don't know about anything that's happening outside our country. Our stupidity is embarrassing."

And norationalbasis calls this "anti-American". Why are you defending ignorance, apathy and stupidity? Of course we have the RIGHT to be this way, but it doesn't make it a good thing...just like you have the right to own a gun, as much as detest the idea.

Besides, the more of us who decide it's okay to stupid and uninformed, the less competitive we are on the world stage. It's the same attitude that turned the Roman republic into an empire.
No. of Recommendations: 2
These "if you don't love Bush, you don't love America" posts are getting tedious...

And so are the posts that make up things to criticize Bush about. There are plenty of honest things to criticize Bush about. I don't understand why so many people on this board feel the need to make stuff up and Rec the heck out of it.
No. of Recommendations: 16
Michael Moore Hates America.

What a farce and the article you quote does not say that either.

For the record, anyone who does all he/she can to get Bush kicked out on his ass is a genuine hero.

Michael Moore: Genuine American HERO

Mish
He has sold his soul for the ability to be the darling of the angry left and the EU.

If you REALLY loved America, you wouldn't hate our leading trading partner. Think about how many American jobs that trade allows for.

Erik
No. of Recommendations: 41
If Moore is filled with "Hate" for America, why are so many Americans standing and applauding after viewing his new film Fahrenheuit 9/11? That is exactly what happened last night when I viewed the film with my wife. Movie goers were really moved by the film. Is this film made by an American Hater? No way.
Many of the facts in the film are well known, but Americans have not become angry enough about them to do anything. We impeached Clinton for having oral sex in the white house. America was embarassed by the entire affair, but we look the other way when it comes to taking over the second largest oil fields in the world. Perhaps we want to believe that gas prices will go back to .25 cents a gallon. We would not argue with G.W. if he could make that happen. Just don't ask about the American lives that were lost for that .25 cents.
Moore is giving the American people propaganda. His cause is simple. Get Bush out of the white house. Many American agree.

DY
No. of Recommendations: 3
Yes, the same America who allows him to say thing things that in other countries would be punishable by death is basically the source of evil in the world

Are you implying that it would be better if he was executed for making this movie? There's certainly no point in fighting to protect the American way of life if there is no longer an American way of life, is there?

pix
He doesnt hate America.

He has contempt for America but not hate.

Who can hate a nation that has bred so many idiots who are willing to be brainwashed and subjugated by Liberalism?

While his constituents are being outsourced, he is raking in millions.

He does a fine job of exploiting these idiots, just like Democrats do.

I like his style.

Jedi
No. of Recommendations: 5
Ok he hates Americans. That's a start.

But maybe he hates Americans, but loves what sets this country apart from the rest of the world. Except, he focuses on the unfortunate results of certain things that distinguish America:

Capitalism = Bad

Right to Bear Arms = Bad

Stopping a mad man who, for instance, even Russia told us was trying to strike us in the form of terrorism after 9/11 = Bad

There's always an unfortunate outlier to any policy, law, decision. But you don't see films such as:

Castro and Me - how the economic decisions of this Bananna Republic dictator create endless cycles of poverty.

Bowling for Laci Peterson - if only Laci and all others who may have wanted to could carry a concealed gun to thwart the attacks of insane husbands.

Fahrenheit 38 - watch as the British PM declares peace in our time.

Oh, and "These "if you don't love Bush, you don't love America" posts are getting tedious... and a bit scary."

Nothing close in my post. I think the ABB crowd here are some of the most paranoid conspiracy minded people I have ever seen. Quite entertaining, actually.
No. of Recommendations: 6
I think you don't get Moore's points, he's been pretty consistent:

Capitalism = Bad

No, but unfettered uncontrolled wealth creation that funnels assets to a very few people can not be a good thing. Everyone but the most ardent free market apologist knows this. Even people like Buffet have said that the value assigned to their skills in this market is an aberation.

Right to Bear Arms = Bad

Again no. Moore made the point in Bowling for Columbine that Canada has just as much gun ownership per capita as the US, yet only a fraction of the gun related incidents, so it the problem wasn't the number of guns. Rather it was the culture of fear, fear of our own internal society, that Americans seem to suffer from. He made the same point in F911, and that Bush and co have been feeding this fear.
Who can hate a nation that has bred so many idiots who are willing to be brainwashed and subjugated by Liberalism?

I wasn't exactly "willing", it's just that my neighbor's dog was very persuasive.

Son of Speck
No. of Recommendations: 0
We impeached Clinton for having oral sex in the white house.

Clinton was not impeached for having oral sex in the white house. We went throught that whole mess because Clinton lied about having oral sex in the white house. There is a difference.
<i.These "if you don't love Bush, you don't love America" posts are getting tedious... and a bit scary.

Heil to the Chief, baby!
Clinton was not impeached for having oral sex in the white house. We went throught that whole mess because Clinton lied about having oral sex in the white house. There is a difference.

So when is the impeachment for Bush lying about the WMDs?

RJ
So when is the impeachment for Bush lying about the WMDs?

Clinton lied under oath. Bush likely believed what he told us. Can you see a difference here?

JWIA
Many on the right seem to have a problem distinguishing between a government and its people.

an attack on Bush = an attack on the American people

The French don't support the war = The French people are all supporters of OBL and anyone who looks kinda French can't be trusted to be President

The British Government supports the war = the British people support the war

People who disagree with the Israeli government must be anti-Semitic (I wonder if Jews who disagree with the Israeli government are anti-Semitic?)

Maybe you should open you eyes.

Bush doesn't= America
The French people don't all support OBL
The majority of the British people where against the war.
People who complain about the actions of the Israeli government (Including an Jewish Israeli friend of mine) aren't anti-Semitic.
Perhaps we want to believe that gas prices will go back to .25 cents a gallon.

Maybe the average consumer does, but ol' Dickey Cheney has had a different scheme in mind for almost 20 years.

In October 1986, when Dick Cheney was the lone congressman from energy-rich Wyoming, he introduced legislation to create a new import tax that would have caused the price of oil, and ultimately the price of gasoline paid by drivers, to soar by billions of dollars per year.

"Let us rid ourselves of the fiction that low oil prices are somehow good for the United States," Mr. Cheney, who is now vice president, said shortly after introducing the legislation.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F30B12F8345D0C758CDDAD0894DC404482

But maybe reminding people of these facts is Amercica hating.
Clinton lied under oath. Bush likely believed what he told us. Can you see a difference here?

Yeah. One lied about getting a blowjob. The other lied about WMDs and used those lies to take us to war.

So what's your point? War is better than a blowjob?

RJ
"Clinton lied under oath. Bush likely believed what he told us. Can you see a difference here?"

Bush likely believed what he told us? That, I find very
UNLIKELY.

Dee
------
Yeah. One lied about getting a blowjob. The other lied about WMDs and used those lies to take us to war.

So what's your point? War is better than a blowjob?

That you apparently do not know the definition of the word "lie".

JWIA
That you apparently do not know the definition of the word "lie".

lie n.

1. A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.
2. Something meant to deceive or give a wrong impression.

Yep, sounds like the Bush administration to me. I can remember numerous comments, including Rumsfeld saying "we (the administration) knows that Iraq has WMDs and we know where they are," and Powell presenting evidence to the UN about Iraq's WMDs and those mobile weapons factories that were never recovered.

It was either lies or complete incompetence. I would rather not have either one in the White House.

RJ
It was either lies or complete incompetence. I would rather not have either one in the White House.

Then why vote Kerry?

JWIA
Moore said: "We don't know about anything that's happening outside our country. Our stupidity is embarrassing."

jwiest: "And norationalbasis calls this "anti-American". Why are you defending ignorance, apathy and stupidity?"

He isn't. He's saying that CALLING Americans stupid is anti-American.

Then again, if you couldn't figure that out, maybe Moore is right.

Veloci