No. of Recommendations: 0
Michael, we do not have cable boxes.

Donna

I should have realized that – cable comes into the building and is distributed to each apartment where, previously, the TV tuner managed channel selection. Then, with the switch to digital, the need for a D/A box to feed the analog TV and along with that some channels dropped out.

Hear that? My palm smiting my forehead. I should have figured that out.

What T-W needs to do is supply a switching cable box to each apartment so the channel selection is at that switch. Preferably the box should have digital and analog outs and, icing on the cake, a DVR able to record other than what you’re watching. The D/A box would be junked. If T-W won’t do that there are others that would jump at doing it.

The problem is the D/A box: it is the local system’s switch and it’s essentially inadequate for the job. Ideally you should have one remote and that for the cable box.

HTH.

MichaelR
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.