Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Michael wrote:

The only thing I know about Yuba City is that Juan Corona was mayor there for awhile in the 70's and helped keep the population down.

LOL! Actually, we're known for the Michael Lyons kidnapping and murder a few years ago, too. Maybe the reason is that in Yuba City murders are still NEWS. They're rare enough they don't all blur together in the memory like in SOME cities I could name.

In the spirit of honesty though, I have to comment on the air quality issue raised in other posts in this thread. The Sacramento Valley (including Yuba City and much surrounding territory) is a heavy agricultural area, especially with rice crops. Since the rice stubble has to be burned after harvesting to kill parasites or whatever, there are some days when the air quality here is no better than in major cities. Also, with last fall's wildfires all over, we had several intensely hazy, red-eyed, don't-take-a-deep-breath days. I came outside a couple mornings to find ash on my car.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.