No. of Recommendations: 72
Mid month update. What I’ve done and why.

Well it’s the 18th of the month and I’m almost up 18% year-to-date (16.7%, actually). This does NOT mean that after 365 days I’ll be up close to 365%, I promise! 😀

I read all the positive opinions on Mongo which seemed very convincing, and all the negative opinions on Mongo, which also seemed very convincing, and decided, since I have zero technical knowledge to help me decide which is right, or if the truth is somewhere inbetween, that Mongo was just too much of a battleground stock for me, and I sold most of my position. There are much less controversial and complicated stocks for me to be in, and where I can sleep better at night. I may have been completely wrong but that’s what I did.

I also sold out of one of my three little biotechs, VCEL, feeling that it was the one which seemed to me to be in the smallest niche.

With the cash, I added the most to Nutanix (where I’ve gotten a lot more confidence back), also smaller amounts to Okta, Elastic, and less to Square (adding a tiny bit but still worried about the flakey CEO), and added tiny bits to the other two little biotechs, Guardant and Abiomed. I also took truly tiny positions in three little tech try-outs (Zuora, Anaplan, and DocuSign).

Best,

Saul
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.